Welcome to my Blog for INST 605

This blog was created for Computers in Education (INST 605)

Friday, February 4, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

Prior to this class, I could never of imagined myself blogging.  I viewed blogging as journaling, and I hate journaling.  I do not like to express myself by writing about my feelings.  The idea of an on-line diary, where good for some, was just not for me.  However, now that I understand how practical blogging is and how useful it can be, I think I am really going to enjoy this.  I love the idea of subscribing to different feeds and having information that I am interested in to be sent to me as opposed to me finding it.  I also like the idea of sharing helful information with others who may want to view my blog and vice versa.  Who knows where blogging will take me!

2 comments:

  1. At first I was very apprehensive about blogging online, until I realized how effective it could be in the classroom. I attended a conference last fall where a discussion on this topic was addressed. It opened my eyes to the possibilities that blogging could have for students. One teacher discussed how students began to monitor their own writing skills. Another teacher discussed how his students wrote their comments into a word processor first and then copy and paste their comments into the blogs. He said he wanted them to learn how to use the grammatical and spelling features in MS Word. I thought that was an interesting way to help students learn more about technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your feelings about this blogging idea. When I first reviewed the assignment, I though O lord, WHY? But the idea of blogging has become exciting. I can express my self in my own set place on the web. Its my ideas and values and people get to post and explain how they can or cannot relate.

    ReplyDelete